Affordable Eyeshadow Palettes

I'm usually very skeptical of uber cheap cosmetics. Why should 28 colors ever cost under three dollars? What did they save money on? Was it color? Quality? Safety? Packaging? What's the secret!?!

MyOwnJudge
My last trip to Walgreen's had me come face to face with a Profusion wallet palette, retailing for $2.99. My suspicions were only halfway put to rest by my previous experience with the brand and their lipgloss, and I thought the brand may be a sister company (or even the same?) to the Profound $5.00 palette. Plus, I thought, how much damage can you do with $2.99 I already decided to spend on unneeded items like gum and chocolate (I put them down in favor of cosmetics!)?
MyOwnJudge
The beauty wallets are very space friendly and boast a plethora of different colors. The wallets are in various color combinations and correspond to the color of the packaging. I purchased the violet and lime green, but there were others available. The size of these is slightly smaller than a cd case overall, but pretty much as thick as a cd case is.
MyOwnJudge
MyOwnJudgeAs you all may continue to read, I am a packaging junkie. I really like their 'Beauty Wallet' premise, but opening the packaging had me verging on temporary insanity. What I thought would be an easy plastic case to remove turned into a rage of ripping up the packaging.

This could have damaged the shadows had I not aimed away, or if I dropped the darn thing (happens often to me). If you decide to purchase this palette, take it from me and use scissors to open it up.
MyOwnJudge
MyOwnJudgeThe sleeve on the packaging doesn't contain much information other than the ingredients. The palette doesn't name any of the colors (which isn't the greatest idea, because I'd like to know if they've been reused in other palettes), but does have a chart on the back of the sleeve numbering the colors - which aid in depicting swatches for me.
MyOwnJudge

I took inventory of how the colors come off by swatching them on paper and then applying with a wet brush to my skin.
MyOwnJudge
MyOwnJudge
Some of the colors look very similar to one another, but after trying them all out, I can say I like the combinations and that there is variety to the palette, compared to others having preference to neutral or blush colors.
MyOwnJudge
The wallet looks most attractive without the product sleeve and doesn't look like a palette from the outside at all.

Pros:
  • This is a definite win if you're trying to mask your "I need nothing to look like this" plan.
  • The price of $2.99 cannot be beat.
  • The color payoff is pretty good, especially when applied wet.
  • There is a mini tutorial on the inside cover.

Cons:
  • It is not an organic product (meaning it contains talc, mineral oil, and synthetic wax among others).

Verdict:
Skip a machiato or a soda for the day and grab this palette.

Have you tried this? Do you want to?
Share

Search & Win

0 Comments »

Leave a comment

Thanks for commenting! Please leave an address (site/e-mail) where I can get back to you. If you have a question, they will be answered in the same comments post unless requested otherwise.


Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Save $ - Click for your invite!

MyOwnJudge on CheapTweet

Archives

MOJ on Facebook

Advertisements:

Powered by Blogger Skins. Theme: TheBuckmaker | Free Wordpress Templates. Mobile platform by Phone Tracking, Music Guitar Song Chords