The weeks leading up to Black Friday and Cyber Monday for Thanksgiving, as well as holiday shopping are upon us. Sure you can say we had the whole year (and sometimes I really do take all that time to get gifts for people), but starting from mid-October the deals start pouring in.
Photo Credit: timorinvest.com
I don't want to inundate y'all with constant posts about great deals here (I'll only post the awesome ones). For the spur of the moment sale notices, you should be covered between the Twitter, Facebook, and CheapTweet.
- Sign up to Rue La La for your inside scoop on the best sample sales before 10/25 and get a $20 credit in your account.
- Family and friends time at Saks Fifth Avenue. Use code FRIEND7 online before 10/24 to get 20% off your purchase (15% off jewelry and 10% off beauty and fragrance).
- Get 25% off Fall favorites at the Gap with code GAPDEALS.
- Express jeans are buy one get one half off.
- Smashbox Cosmetics - get $15 off purchase of $75 or more (plus FREE shipping on every order). Promo code: WELCOME2.
- Ongoing promo at Shopbop - refer a friend and get $25 credit.
- Get notices about your favorite brands on sale from Shop It To Me.
- When all else fails, sign up with Ebates to get cash back on any purchase, sale or not (they also offer coupons)!
|Gilt||Beyond the Rack|
|Billion Dollar Babes||Beauty Story|
Remember to assess your financial abilities first and start small. You're better off setting a $20 budget for five close friends and family members, or $10 for ten people and come out without debt at the end, rather than give everyone a brand name wish list item and then cry your tears in the privacy of your bank.
To kill two birds with one stone, sign up with the sample sale sites and promote them to your friends. Most sites give you credit for referring other people, and you will have a credit to shop in no time. My favorite is Shop It To Me, because you get gift cards of your choice for having people sign up for a free newsletter. My ultimate go to is Swagbucks though, you get points for using their search engine (works using Google so it's pretty good) and then you can claim points for gift cards and cash.
Did you start holiday shopping yet?