Emmys Ladies

Did you watch the Emmys last night? Sometimes days come and go so fast, it becomes a surprise that it started and ended. Yesterday I was flipping channels in between watching the Kardashians and the Spin Crowd, as well as the Steelers vs. Broncos game and the Emmys. I find it most entertaining when every second is filled with some form of entertainment when the other channels start to slack. Anyone else a crazy channel surfer?

Emmys 2010

Before any of the shows, my eyes were glued to E! Entertainment's red carpet coverage of the Emmy arrivals. I was watching the styles for a memorable fashion moment, as it customary every year with awards shows and was a little disappointed.

The styles were mostly mermaid dresses and strapless at that (we all know how much I dislike strapless garments). The color choices were pretty traditional, sticking to either end of the color spectrum; white and tan and navy and black, with minimal variety in between. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed it all, but I was a little let down. I would've preferred the ladies take more risks. The Emmys isn't that strict of an awards show, you're allowed fun!

But enough complaining, keep reading to check out what I loved!

Emmys 2010


My standout dress of the show was worn by Carrie Preston. It had interesting draping and side/back and was an interesting color. Of course, it complimented her hair magically as well.

Kim Kardashian came in an uncharacteristically more natural makeup look, swept back hair, and Grecian dress. I like this side of her! Another reality television pair that hit the top five for me were Lo Bosworth and Stephanie Pratt. They teamed up with stylists (on E!), and Stila makeup artist Sarah Lucero to do a Madmen makeover. The "after" totally blew the "before" out of the water!

Emmys 2010


There wasn't much leg being shown at the Emmys and I think I know what to blame it on. How many of y'all know someone (maybe even you - lord knows I'm guilty!) who didn't want to shave her legs and put on pants or a maxi dress instead? That's my conspiracy theory for this awards show. Kudos to the ladies that broke out the minis!

Did you watch the Emmys? What did you like/love about the fashion?

Share

Search & Win

0 Comments »

Leave a comment

Thanks for commenting! Please leave an address (site/e-mail) where I can get back to you. If you have a question, they will be answered in the same comments post unless requested otherwise.


Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Save $ - Click for your invite!

MyOwnJudge on CheapTweet

Archives

MOJ on Facebook

Advertisements:

Powered by Blogger Skins. Theme: TheBuckmaker | Free Wordpress Templates. Mobile platform by Phone Tracking, Music Guitar Song Chords