A Lotion a Day Keeps the MD Away

MOJ Skin MDThis winter is kicking my epidermis. Remember when we were all little and some smarty pants would tell us our epidermis was showing? We'd all initially get a bit shy and then research the terminology. Epidermis was our skin? Right!

Well this winter, everywhere my epidermis shows, and especially where it doesn't, dryness has a field day. When that happens, I feel like I have super skin sensitivity. I can feel the skin tighten, itch, and yell at the highest pitch that skin can possibly yell at. A request to review lotion during these times? I thought it was a godsend.

From the site:

"A shielding lotion does much more than just treat dry skin – it’s a new kind of skin care product that makes a real difference to all skin types.

Skin MD Natural™ utilizes the finest effective natural ingredients for dry skin treatment along with the latest advances in technology to hydrate and protect the skin.

This is an entirely new concept in skin care requiring a new classification: "Shielding Lotion". A shielding lotion keeps moisture-robbing irritants away from the skin while the proprietary "super" humectants hydrate the skin throughout the day.

Skin MD Natural™ is promptly absorbed, without the slightest hint of any greasy or oily feeling or residue, transforming the outer layer of skin into a hydrating invisible shield.

Glycerin has been the standard against which all humectants are measured. Until now no other humectant drew in as much moisture from the air as glycerin. But the proprietary formulation in Skin MD Natural has a moisturizing factor of at least 6 times greater than glycerin. Combined with its protective properties and natural ingredients, this makes Skin MD Natural a truly unique product.

An accumulated effect of Skin MD Natural is fully realized after only a few days of daily use. Depending on how dry your skin is the first few days may require reapplications after only a few hours. Usually, after a few days of continuous use, only one or two daily applications are necessary to see the improvement."

When I think of a winter lotion, a successful winter lotion, I look for something that's as thick as honey and peanut butter. I want to lather it on and feel my skin just let go sighs of relief. Skeptical was just the beginning  when I was told that this lotion was thin but effective. What the heck could I do with thin?

MOJ Skin MD

Click on the images to see larger photos.

MOJ Skin MD

The directions already warn you about magical outcomes. You will not have healed and moisturized skin forever and always after one application. That in part made me feel good, because I like a company to tell it like it is. Outlandish claims only make me judge the brand faster than I can try it.

I was patient and I gave the Skin MDs inside my bottle time to work their magic. I reserved the use of this lotion on my face until I was positive my skin wouldn't have a nervous breakdown (something you all should do - I sampled a product that shall remain unnamed and felt my skin burn almost immediately and for hours after even post wash). I used Skin MD Natural as an all over body lotion (but not my face the first time) after each shower for a week. I almost quit because I would have to use it a bit more often on my hands than my old lotion. With that fact withstanding, the thin layer of lotion I was so skeptical about was keeping my body shielded and moisturized. My hands?

My hands have been going through grunt work. They have gone through a million washes, gift wrapping, the carrying of uncomfortable shopping bags, and now with school and a temporary job? They're suffering through piles of paperwork. So let's not blame the lotion. After more frequent application, the hands came around. So did I.

The bottle is petite and fits right into my handbag, even though it's a bit bigger than all the mini "purse size" lotions marketed for on the go. The lotion is super soft and super thin. You question what you can do with it the first few applications, but it silently and humbly gets the job done. It's also completely scent free in case you were wondering. I'm not against a scented lotion, but I know a lot of people are bothered by scents.

Wear perfume? Lay this baby down and it is a great base foundation for when you spray perfume on your skin.

The final verdict? This is a definite buy. It's a subtle lotion that packs an effective punch. Click here to purchase online ($18) or to check out which store near you carries it.


How is your lotion treating you?

Disclaimer: This product(s)was sent to the author for review by the manufacturer/PR. All reviews on MOJ remain unbiased and unpaid. For more info, feel free to contact the author.

Share

0 Comments »

Leave a comment

Thanks for commenting! Please leave an address (site/e-mail) where I can get back to you. If you have a question, they will be answered in the same comments post unless requested otherwise.


Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Save $ - Click for your invite!

MyOwnJudge on CheapTweet

Archives

MOJ on Facebook

Advertisements:

Powered by Blogger Skins. Theme: TheBuckmaker | Free Wordpress Templates. Mobile platform by Phone Tracking, Music Guitar Song Chords