Review: Clearasil StayClear Daily Face Wash


MOJ Review
MOJ ReviewI have a nasty confession to make. I haven't been using cleansers much in the past year. There I said it. You shouldn't repeat this to Mama Yaya either. I would catch it.

It all changed one fateful day. I received an e-mail about participating in a trial to try out the new and improved Clearasil StayClear Daily Face Wash and opted for the Sensitive Skin bottle. I usually have well behaved skin that likes to be finicky. A prima donna. So I steer towards 'sensitive skin' options because they approach my skincare needs more tentatively. You know - no hurrah! barging in kind of thing. More like a three knocks on the door and whispers asking if it's okay to enter...

So how did it work out for me and my experiment? The bottle, selling for $6.29 did a whole lotta cleaning and freshening but fell short a bit in my expectations. Read on to hear all about it!

First, let us compare if there is much of a difference between the normal vs. sensitive skin options. Information is from the brand website, click here for normal and here for sensitive skin details.


This rich, pearly cream gently cleanses skin without overdrying. Use everyday twice a day, to help you maintain visibly clearer skin.

Benefits

  • Thoroughly cleanses skin by eliminating dirt, oil, and bacteria



  • Dermatologist-tested, oil-free formula with refreshing scent



  • Directions for use

  • Gently massage cleanser onto wet face and neck and work into lather.



  • Rinse thoroughly.



  • Ingredients

  • Glycerin and aloe to condition and moisturize skin



  • Available in 6.5 oz. tube
    This fragrance-free cream, uniquely formulated for sensitive skin, gently washes away dirt, oil, and bacteria without irritating or over-drying skin.


    Benefits

  • Gently yet thoroughly cleanses sensitive, acne-prone skin



  • Fragrance-free, oil-free, dermatologist-tested formula



  • Directions for use

  • Gently massage cleanser onto wet face and neck and work into lather.



  • Rinse thoroughly.



  • Ingredients

  • Glycerin and aloe to condition and moisturize skin



  • Available in a 6.5 oz. tube

    The only things I notice is that the sensitive skin version is fragrance free and promises not to irritate skin. Otherwise, even the ingredients list is identical. I will try to investigate this a bit further and let y'all know if this is truly the end of the road for their differences or if their is more.

    How I does it, in pictures:


    MOJ Review MOJ Review

    Squeeze a bit onto your hand. Work into a lather.


    MOJ Review

    Apply to face. Stay away from eyes (trust me). Making funny face optional.


    MOJ Review MOJ Review

    Use cotton squares to remove cleanser. I like to wet the squares, ring out the water, and then remove cleanser from my skin. I find that this removes better than just splashing water on my face with my hands.

    The thumbs up:
    • The cleanser works great. It clears up the skin and once you wash everything away, you feel 100% clean. Even if you didn't know your face was dirty. That's how I felt the first time I used this. 
    • Plus, this bottle is a heck of a lot for $6.29. This can be purchased at any drugstore or website. There are some cheaper sellers online and we all know BOGO's happen often so purchase wherever you want. I found one seller on Amazon selling it for $4.95 here.
    The gripes:
    • The cleanser promises to not over-dry but my skin still felt dry after drying my face. I don't know if it was entirely the wash's fault, but I had to use my handy dandy Korres face cream right away after use.
    • The instructions advise you to use the wash on your neck, but when I did so I had some annoying tiny pimples pop up around my collar bone. I stopped using the wash so low and they disappeared. Again, I can't blame this on the cream as it did not irritate my face at all. This can probably be chalked up to my skin being as finicky as I introduced it to be.
    • When washing the cleanser away without cotton squares, it leaves your hands feeling a bit rubbery. This goes away if you wash your hands with soap, so it's just a minor detail.
    Have you tried this, or use this? Thinking about getting it? Let me know!

    3 Comments »

    Leave a comment

    Thanks for commenting! Please leave an address (site/e-mail) where I can get back to you. If you have a question, they will be answered in the same comments post unless requested otherwise.


    Subscribe via email

    Enter your email address:

    Save $ - Click for your invite!

    MyOwnJudge on CheapTweet

    Archives

    MOJ on Facebook

    Advertisements:

    Powered by Blogger Skins. Theme: TheBuckmaker | Free Wordpress Templates. Mobile platform by Phone Tracking, Music Guitar Song Chords