NARS is 15 & Nail-a-day Challenge

PhotobucketNARS, a brand that needs minimal introduction or background, no? Well they're getting close to their sweet 16 by hitting their 15 this year.

To celebrate, Francisco Nars is publishing a book with a collection of photographs & makeup, covering his friends/muses (and aren't they sometimes the same?). The book 15x15 is due out mid November, and will only be available for 30 days.

Check out the countdown on the website here: www.15x15project.com

WWD.com has some great tidbits about the book (featuring everyone from Marc Jacobs, to Amber Valletta). The images are most interesting because of the way that the concepts tie in together. Nars did the makeup on each subject and showed the inspirational photograph as well.

Yet one more reason to show ya makeup isn't just a pressed powder/color you put on your face!

Read on to check out my Nail-a-day Challenge.

As you may have heard me rambling on and on about polish purchases gone mad, you can assume that I have plenty a polish to show you. I had suggestions about doing a NOTD week, and other similar series, but I also wanted something that would get the most bang for the buck.

I hate buying a polish, wearing it once, and then never using it again. So my pre-New Year's resolution is to wear a polish a day. I already do this because I get chip happy on the ride home from work most days, but this time I'll be sharing all of it with you.

If you want to join the challenge with me, let me know and I will post your images up along with mine!

Be ready for heavy weekend nail polish posts, or seven NOTDs for the week. As I go through the swatches, I will take suggestions for my next mani(s).

Additionally, I am thinking, in the efforts of being green, I will give away a couple of bottles come the end of the year (oh yes this challenge is until 12/31!!) that have been swatched once.

To kick off the challenge, we have a much appropriate NARS in Tokaïdo Express (check out the rest of the NARS colors here:

Photobucket Photobucket
The color is described on the website as "Black amethyst infused with gold." It is pretty hard to capture the shimmer of the polish. The above two pictures are with no flash.

the pics might look identical but you can play "spot the difference" and see that it is a slightly different angle :)

Photobucket
with flash

Photobucket Photobucket
close up - true to bottle color


What do you think? Are you up for the challenge?



2 Comments »

Leave a comment

Thanks for commenting! Please leave an address (site/e-mail) where I can get back to you. If you have a question, they will be answered in the same comments post unless requested otherwise.


Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Save $ - Click for your invite!

MyOwnJudge on CheapTweet

Archives

MOJ on Facebook

Advertisements:

Powered by Blogger Skins. Theme: TheBuckmaker | Free Wordpress Templates. Mobile platform by Phone Tracking, Music Guitar Song Chords