Review: Fingrs

Do you remember the last time you used fake nails?

Well - tricky question I suppose. For example: I hate acrylics because I have a nagging fear that they are going to forever ruin my nails, and plus when your nails grow out - I hate that little space between the nail bed and the acrylic. I also hate the soaking and all the other processes, and I'd rather love my nails the way they are.

But fake nails are different... They last for as long as you want them to. They come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and designs. And to save the best for last - they are cheap!

Enter Fing'rs: I was approached to review their nails a little before the Bloggin' Beauts event, but got to see the whole deal once they were one of the great companies to participate at the event. We all got two designs in our goodie bags and even some for our readers [you just wait!].

http://www.fingrs.com/fingrs/includes/images/myspace/fingrs_myspace_banner.jpg

What it is:
Fing'rs carries nails, nail tools, and nail art. There will be many more reviews to come on all of the above, but this one is for the nails.

Photobucket

Review (5 highest, 1 lowest):

Packaging: 5 out of 5

Price: 5 out of 5 ($5.99)

Quality: 5 out of 5

Overall: 4.5 out of 5

Instructions on the box:
Glue Application (Up to 10 Day Wear):
  1. Buff, clean, and dry nails before applying artificial nails.
  2. Select a nail that closely matches your natural nail size.
  3. Apply Fing'rs nail glue to your natural fingernail and apply glue to artificial fingernail. Press artificial fingernail onto your natural fingernail. Hold in place 5-10 seconds until dry.
Stick-On Tab Application (Temporary Wear):
  1. Buff, clean, and dry nails before applying artificial nails.
  2. Remove Stick-On tab from backing. Place sticky side onto your natural fingernail Do not remove paper backing until tabs have been applied to all nails.
  3. Remove paper backing one at a time and apply nails immediately.
Removal of Glue-on Fingernails:
  1. Soak in Fing'rs Artificial Nail Remover until artificial nails dissolve. If not available, soak in acetone.
    Do not break or peel off nails.
Removal of Stick-on Tabs:
  1. Soak in warm soapy water for 10-15 minutes. Pry up edge until adhesive bond separates.

A top coat may be applied for extra shine.

The product:
Photobucket
Pack of 24 Fingernails
Nail glue
20 Adhesive stick-on tabs.

The process:

So... I was a little bad and didn't document the process. But it is super easy:

You have two choices - the box comes with glue as well as stick-on... stickers. I would advocate using the stick-on stickers for younger girls, but otherwise the glue. This makes it last a lot longer. The stick-on stickers honestly last a day or so if you're as clumsy as I am - the good thing about that though, is that you can reuse them!

See above for the instructions - the only thing I would suggest is to hold down the nail so that the glue settles for longer than the suggested time.

The result:

Photobucket Photobucket


My Verdict:
I really like this company. You have to admit that for the price that it sells for, it's hard not to like it just for that. Though, I am not a fan of fake nails, I find that this is a cute alternative for a short period of time and beats a manicure (which cost the same amount as three, four, or more of these buggers).

The only thing that I disliked about this is the same thing that I dislike about many other fake nails. It doesn't last long. Though it says that it will last for up to ten days, mine never go past five. I take really long showers, and do everything with my nails (open packages, cans, etc.).

Regardless, I have to see the designs that Fing'rs have are worth the trouble. Five days of a perfect mani that I don't have to touch past the five minute process sounds like a win to me. Also - there are 24 nails in there and after the first 10 I usually use the other sizes and use a nail file to make them fit, if they're a little off. Plus! Fing'rs has polka dot and checkerboard designs - tell me that's not the best?

So if you want to take a gamble with fake nails, or if you already use them or acrylics - I'd say use these. There is a huge selection of sizes and designs, and if you really dislike the nails (which you shouldn't...) you can try their awesome nail art (review to come later).

Check them out for yourself on their website here! Don't forget to take a peek at their different nail design styles and at their look book!

Fing'rs can be purchased at (among many others):


Oh - I almost forgot! Want to win yourself a pair? The first six people to respond to me on Twitter with this exact phrase: "Hey yaya! Love the @Fingrs review! Can I win a pair?" will get one! Contest ends by end of Friday, so hurry and tweet! All winners have been chosen and notified.

3 Comments »

  • great review hun! me too i cant get fake nails to last long on me. always poppin out. i still have some that i never use.

  • what a cute design! and you're a pro at putting them on, I suck the big one at applying fakies...bubbles, bubbles, bubbles!

  • @swatchcrazee - thanks! it's true that sometimes they pop out but if you carry the little glue with you, you can adjust one or two - otherwise it's still a cute mani for a short time

    @makeup mama - i put the glue on and then slide the nail almost into the nail bed... pressing really hard is they key to not getting bubbles

Leave a comment

Thanks for commenting! Please leave an address (site/e-mail) where I can get back to you. If you have a question, they will be answered in the same comments post unless requested otherwise.


Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Save $ - Click for your invite!

MyOwnJudge on CheapTweet

Archives

MOJ on Facebook

Advertisements:

Powered by Blogger Skins. Theme: TheBuckmaker | Free Wordpress Templates. Mobile platform by Phone Tracking, Music Guitar Song Chords