Stila Back In Action - super pic heavy

So as I have already happily announced - Stila is back and better than ever!

I'm a little late with this post, but you won't be sorry!

First let me show you the proof - while at the Makeup Show NY, we not only got to see numerous beautiful brands, including the lovely Stila, but we also got to chat with the people that bring you those favorite brands!

Here you will see the staff for Stila giving all Yaya's readers a thumbs up. This was an exclusive photo!! :)

Just to let y'all know they're dandy. :)

This post is about the Stila new Egypt Indian Summer collection, and also serving as a double review - how exciting!!

The collection

Remember when I posted about the Stila limited edition Pearl collection? Well it's an ongoing theme now.

As part of the prosperous and long lasting (fingers crossed) direction that Stila is heading in, it seems that the seasons come with gems and precious stones to adorn the Stila lover.

Everything in this collection contains actual 24k gold in it. Every item in the roster has little flecks of gold in it. Even the smudge pot! Oh man, the smudge pot is sooooo gorgeous!!

What it is:

Review (5 highest, 1 lowest):

Packaging: 5 out of 5 (the lip gloss has a hand made bindi attached to it)

Quality: 5 out of 5

Price: 4.5 out of 5 ($22.00 for each - it IS a "recession")

Overall: 5 out of 5


The evidence:


Left - one coat
Right
- three coats
glossy just how I like it!



This was after I wiped the gloss off with a Kleenex. The gold specs stay on your lips and look so nice.

and the mascara:
Please note: the mascara is currently sold out on Stila's website - but keep checking back, it is worth the trouble! I also don't think this is in the Indian Summer collection, but I was too excited to wait around till another post!




the before - disregard the shadow


Lengthening on the left &

Both sides on both eyes, I got a little heavy with the right side but still no clumps!


My Verdict:

First of all - the bindi is an unbelievably detailed and gorgeous addition to the design aspect. Do y'all know what a bindi is? Here's the short of it a la Wiki: A bindi (from Sanskrit bindu, meaning "a drop, small particle, dot") is a forehead decoration worn in South Asia (particularly India)[1] and Southeast Asia.

Though I had the financial willpower to resist every darn item in the roster, I don't fault anyone who got it all. I think I will be sauntering back to get the smudge pot. The more you move every item around, the more evident the gold flecks become, and blends seamlessly together.

Also - I have not been a Stila mascara user, but as of now, I am. The lengthening side is no joke, and I got really heavy with the application on one side (like 8 or 9 swipes y'all) and it didn't clump at all.

The mascara removal process requires no fancy gadgets or liquids, your normal remover, or oil will work fine, and your lashes don't ever feel heavy or anything but their natural selves.


For more Stila junkies:

Check out Marie Claire's online webseries that comes out in conjunction with each publication. In this one, Maggie Gylenhaal professes her love for Stila at the end when celebrities get 15 seconds of frame to rant and rave. :)







I think this collection is a must have!

Have any of you had the pleasure of trying it yet?

Plan to?

Let me know!



5 Comments »

Leave a comment

Thanks for commenting! Please leave an address (site/e-mail) where I can get back to you. If you have a question, they will be answered in the same comments post unless requested otherwise.


Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Save $ - Click for your invite!

MyOwnJudge on CheapTweet

Archives

MOJ on Facebook

Advertisements:

Powered by Blogger Skins. Theme: TheBuckmaker | Free Wordpress Templates. Mobile platform by Phone Tracking, Music Guitar Song Chords