Mascara Time

Are you on Sephora's mailing list?

Today my e-mail was full of mascara. Only, most of their "8 most popular mascaras" have not crossed my shopping wrath or I have even heard of...

Mind you - we are only talking Sephora here. Here is what they got and whatever else I have to say about it - it IS my blog y'all!

Vibrating

Lancome - ÔSCILLATION - Vibrating Infinite Powermascara
What it is: The first vibrating powermascara by LancĂ´me. $34

Last time yaya was in Sephora she tried this. And loved it. Her wallet didn't so they parted ways, but there is a sequel coming soon.

The only con I found with this is that the vibrations make your eyes tear so you can't do it for a long time. However, 10 seconds per eye was perfect mascara-zation for me. I'll make a whole darn post about it soon, you just watch.

Volumizing

Buxom Lash (by Bare Escentuals)
What it is: A paraben-free, lash-volumizing mascara. $18

I really like brushes like these. The rubbery texture of it is conducive to volumizing. However!!! This never did it for me in store so it never walked home with me neither. For me this is an everyday mascara, and for that price, it needs to work harder. I'd spend my pennies on the MAC Plush Lash mascara - now that is what I call volume.

Best Seller

Dior DiorShow Mascara What it is: A cult-followed mascara that leaves lashes ultra thick, long, and curled. $24

Does it seem like I only condone the high price lash-wear paint? I like all sorts of mascaras, but Dior is a classic for me. I have this in black, brown, and blue. It doesn't clump. It's pretty big, so it kind of makes up for the price, and it's effective. It gives you the right amount of volume and length for your 9a-5p and 5p-9p... and 9p-5a. Yea, I said it.

Lengthening

Sephora Lash Stretcher
What it is: A lengthening and curling mascara, infused with fibers for maximum extension. $16

I haven't personally tried this but I already have found something wrong with it. The price kiddies. Now maybe I was the only person paying attention in undergrad business classes, but the store brand is intended to be the cheapest version of what's out there. That's generally how they can afford to sell other brands and earn a small profit on them - the profit they get from people picking up their cheap alternatives. Sephora ya hear me? You failed this class.

Waterproof

BADgal Waterproof Mascara (Benefit)
What it is: A waterproof black mascara. $19

Have any of you done the waterproof test? I.e: put water on it and see what happens? Have you ever taken a shower with mascara on? Yeah... that sight was gruesome. Most mascaras can be washed off with mere warm water and lightly running a wet wipe/finger, etc over the lashes. Most of this mascara went bye bye with the test for me, but maybe I just know their kryptonite? H2O that sucker. Overall I'm not a waterproof gal anyway. I like to make sure that water can take my war paint off pretty easily...

Primer + Mascara

LORAC Special Effects Mascara
What it is: A double-ended wand that features a conditioning primer and a defining and lengthening mascara. $22

I'm going to admit to never trying this, BUT I only speak for myself when I say that I'm not a fan of these, as I often neglect to use them, and they are an extra unwanted step when getting ready in a hurry. I suppose I will try it though, since LORAC has been kind enough to create good products for a while now :).

My recommendation for a good and lengthening primer? It's none other than MAC Prep + Prime.
Curling

Clinique High Impact Curling Mascara $14

I feel like no mascara can do the curl like a curler can. The curl it gives me is just enhancing the curl in my lashes because it is essentially putting something on my lashes tokeep them in that place. Don't you think?


Faux Look

I-mju Tiny Sniper
What it is: A lash-extending mascara. $15

Now this category, I was waiting all post to comment on. This is a whole bunch of no nos for me. 1. The packaging is a little misleading in the wand being so big, and the actual pot of mascara being so small. 2. Those darn small wands are no good for your whole eye. Thus, making it necessary to buy another mascara to help you finish your one stinking eye and making it more expensive and unecessary again! excuse my huffing and puffing here.

These are the same darn two main points that left me red in the face with steam out of my ears when I got my Guerlain double ended Le 2 De mascara. Guerlain has some great, luxurious, and expensive products but this went into the I hate you category, and not many things do.

The fail proof lash fiber mascaras in yaya's purse?
  1. MUFE Lash Fibers (This is like a primer, so it's white. It already elongates your lashes though, so you can have any cheapie mascara swipe over just once to change to your wanted color. This is also perfect if you want to use color mascara as it makes the color more vibrant with the white base.)
  2. I-mju FiberWig. I can feel my lashes touch my eyebrows with this bad boy on. No REALLY. I-mju should've stopped with this and quit with the tiny sniper.

And that's how I really feel about it!

What's your mascara grade sheet like?

4 Comments »

Leave a comment

Thanks for commenting! Please leave an address (site/e-mail) where I can get back to you. If you have a question, they will be answered in the same comments post unless requested otherwise.


Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Save $ - Click for your invite!

MyOwnJudge on CheapTweet

Archives

MOJ on Facebook

Advertisements:

Powered by Blogger Skins. Theme: TheBuckmaker | Free Wordpress Templates. Mobile platform by Phone Tracking, Music Guitar Song Chords